Monday, July 22, 2013

Impulsive Tweets Not Just for Teens Anymore

Thanks to Geraldo Rivera, we now know that it's not just teenagers who are impulsive with their "selfies" that they tweet.  The 70-year-old reporter tweeted this photo of himself shortly after 1am this weekend, with the caption, "70 is the new 50!"

While Geraldo may look "OK" for being 70... I seriously doubt this is a photo that anyone really wanted to see.  I mean, I think I lost a few years of my life just from the trauma of viewing it.  Perhaps you have now too.  The horror of the potential slip of the towel from his scrawny hip bones was enough to bring my last meal back up, knocking on my esophagus.

Geraldo eventually deleted the tweet and made a "joke" about noting to himself to not be tweeting things after 1am.  But this whole incident begs the question, what will social media be like in another couple of decades?  Will those impulsive teenagers of today be brazen and narcissistic in their older years too?  Will we be inundated with all sorts of inappropriate, wrinkly, saggy selfies down the road?  Thankfully, I will probably be gone from this earth by that time.

P.S.  What's with the rose-colored glasses? Perhaps that was part of the problem with his decision-making?

No comments:

Post a Comment