Sunday, October 14, 2012

Didja See That?!

On Sunday, daredevil skydiver, Felix Baumgartner finally was able to make his "edge of space" jump. (The operation had been postponed several times previously, due to the winds.)  In a word, the jump was AMAZING.

I consider myself to be a bit of a thrill-seeker, rarely shying away from roller coasters or any other pulse-pounding opportunity. However, I don't know if I would've had the colossal gonads to do what Felix did. 

I felt queasy, just watching the video as he leaned over and leapt from his tiny vessel, to complete the highest freefall in history--a whopping 128,000 feet--approximately 24 miles.

Felix tweeted after the event, "I could feel myself break the speed of sound. I could feel the air building up and then I hit it." 

Check out the video of the jump.