Wednesday, February 6, 2013


The Cat is IN...
The Iron is OUT

Hasbro, the maker of the Monopoly board game had a stroke of genius and created a killer promotion for people to vote on which current game piece should be retired and which new piece should take it's place.

I'm not going to lie.  I voted. A lot. I didn't want to see the race car or the shoe disappear.  Those two were always my favorites.

The new tokens people were voting on were a robot, a diamond ring, a helicopter, a guitar and ultimately, the winner--the cat. (shown above)

So, the old iron goes away and the funky feline will now start showing up in the board game.  Personally, I think the wheelbarrow should've gone away.  But I get the disdain for the iron.  It's just not very substantial. And who wants to use an iron anyway? There's nothing endearing about it, I suppose.

Hasbro has juggernaut promotion here, as people have been buying up the "old" games with the original pieces in them as keepsakes and now surely many more people will purchase a new game, with the cat token.  Brilliant.


What do you think?  Agree with the change? Drop us an email.