Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Eye was Totally Misunderstood!
I am now plagued by headaches, due to the endless eye spasms.  What started in just one eye has now spread to the other, so both of them are wreaking havoc.  I've been told it is a symptom due to fatigue and dehydration.  Apparently, I need more sleep and beverages.  Who wouldn't want more of those things?!  Unfortunately, none of us get enough sleep these days with our busy schedules.  Suck it up, buttercup!  However, that does nothing to help alleviate the obnoxious eye spasms that I have going on with now BOTH eyes.

This situation reached a critical point yesterday afternoon, as I met a friend for lunch.  I was hoping that perhaps some spicy Chinese food might give my mind something else to focus on, instead of the twitching eyelids.  The spasms were coming fast and furious.  Eventually all I could do was take my middle fingers and place them on the offending part of my eyelids and apply some pressure to try to make it stop.

That was all fine and dandy, except for when the Asian server brought our food; I peered up at her, fingers still on the corners of my eyes.  The look on her face was one of utter disgust.  To her credit, she didn't say anything, but her gas burned through me before I realized that it appeared as if I was mocking her features and culture by pulling the sides of my eyes back with my fingers.

As she walked away, I sat there completely mortified by how the situation looked and stammered to explain loudly to my friend about my twitching eyes causing horrible headaches.  She as of no help.  Her laugher rained down on me like a blanket of humiliation.  I'm pretty sure I won't be able to go back into that restaurant ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment