Thursday, January 9, 2014

Death by Wedgie

I couldn't believe this was a legit story, especially because I heard about it from my nephew, who can spin a great tale.  And like most nephews, he enjoys horsing around and delights in the art of the "wedgie."

But this is a true story.  The source was Reuters.  Yeah, THAT Reuters, respected news source to the world.

Wedgies, beer and death.  A 33-year-old Oklahoma man, Brad Lee Davis was drinking beer and eventually got into an argument with his step-father, 58-year-old Denver St. Clair.  According to the story, St. Clair started to bad-mouth his wife, Davis' mother.

Apparently, Davis decided to inflict an "Atomic Wedgie" on his step-dad in a fit of rage.  It was a real brutal one, where the waistband of the underwear went over his head and around his neck, causing him to suffocate.

True story.

That IS one seriously Atomic Wedgie.  The act left ligature marks on St. Clair's neck and blood spatter was found in various parts of the home. Davis is sitting in jail as I type.  I think I might have to continue to follow this story as it goes to court.

It's a tragic story, but yet I find myself struggling not to laugh.  It just sounds like a punchline to a joke, but it's a horrible way to go--death by wedgie.  Mercifully, St. Clair's death certificate will read asphyxiation and blunt force trauma, not "Atomic Wedgie."

I suppose this makes a good case for going commando.

No comments:

Post a Comment