Wednesday, January 22, 2014


Queen of the Backup

That was a title that my mother held and likely still does, only now I'm giving her a run for her money.  Yes, I've become my mother.  When I go to the store, I buy two of something, to ensure that when the first runs out, I still have a "backup" on hand to carry us until I can get to the store again.

This plan is quite seamless and rarely is there a hiccup, unless my husband is involved.  He's not the best communicator when his toiletries run low and I don't exactly check out the levels of his stuff, as I'm generally running arse-over-tea-kettle to get myself ready in the morning.

It has come to my attention that he is out of deodorant, not that he told me or anything.  I happened to notice a big ol' armpit hair on MY deodorant this morning.  At first, I panicked, thinking, "My God! Have I taken this winter no-shave thing too far?!"  

But then I remembered that I have been breaking down and actually running the razor over the offending areas more frequently, mostly because I don't want stray cats to begin using my legs as scratching posts. 

So there I was, staring at this nasty, long hair on my deodorant from my husband's arm pit.  It was then that I cursed the advertising slogan of this particular brand:  Strong Enough for a Man, But Made for a Woman.  Well, bravo! It doesn't mean I wanted his hairy pit to be slathered with my stick.

I went back into the bedroom and nudged his snoring body in the bed.

"Hey, I know you used my deodorant.  Are you out of yours?"

A fuzzy reply, "How do you know I used it?"

"Because there was a huge pit hair on it!"

The bed began to shake with his stifled laughter.  Needless to say, I will be making a trip to get him his own underarm deodorant today.

Has your husband ever "borrowed" some of your products?  Did he leave them "untainted?"  Share your story with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment