Friday, November 15, 2013

Rubber People

I've always been amazed at the Asian acrobats in the Cirque du Soleil shows in Vegas.  It would appear that type of performance has now become a gymnastic category, with a 3-person insane floor routine.

I have to be honest.  And I'm going to date myself here, but when I was a kid, gymnastics entailed the uneven bars, the balance beam, the vault horse and that artistic floor routine with the long ribbon. (I used to beg my mother to buy me one of those things.)  OK, maybe I actually felt this kind of "Wow" factor, while watching Kurt Thomas on the rings, back in the day, but seriously?  These girls are crazy flexible and strong.

As I sit here, eating a cream-filled donut, I'm pondering the fact that these girls likely have ZERO body fat and most of their "weight" comes from muscle.  If I were a man, I'd be afraid to date one of this women.  Despite the allure of that flexibility, the insane muscles could be dangerous.  I'll let you use your imagination there.

Are you ready to have your mind blown?  Watch the video and know that these Ukrainian girls only placed 3rd behind Russia and Great Britain:



No comments:

Post a Comment