Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Things That Go Snork in the Night

Last night, my husband was working late, which means that he usually toddles home about midnight or later, so when I woke up around 11:30pm to the sound of snoring and saw he wasn't in bed next to me, I was completely befuddled.

I sat up and cocked my head, trying to figure out where the loud sawing of logs was originating.  I'm not going to lie. I was scared.  When you're jolted awake by a noise that you can't identify, it's frightening.  

Sliding my legs over the side of the bed, I began to creep quietly out into the dark kitchen, where the snoring noise got louder.  This caused even more confusion for me.  I flipped on the light and pondered, "Was my husband sleeping somewhere out here tonight?!"

Then I realized exactly who was snoring.  It was our dog, Bo.  He was oblivious to the light being on or me standing over his slumbering body with the thunder emitting from his flapping jowls.

Like I have to do with my husband, I nudged Bo.  He continued to snore away, undeterred.
 Finally, I bent down and shook him awake.  He immediately started wagging his tail, excited that I was there to "play."  I got a big lick to the face and then he promptly rolled over, exposing his belly, beckoning for a scratch.

I obliged, giving him a few extra scratches around his ears and massaged his neck, before heading back into the bedroom, laughing to myself about this adorable, silly snoring dog.  I slid back between the sheets and nestled down, trying to not think about the fact that my alarm would be going off in just a few scant hours.

I was almost nodding off, when the snoring started again.  This time, I just dug the earplugs out of nightstand.  Something I never thought I'd be doing because of the dog!

This whole incident got me thinking, "Can dogs have sleep apnea?!"  I'm clueless, but will be googling that today.  In the meantime, I'll be swinging by the drugstore to pick up more earplugs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment